In Wisconsin, a parent cannot simply “sign over” legal custody of a minor child or an incapacitated adult. Guardianship is a specific kind of legal status between a caregiver and a ward. Becoming a legal guardian allows a caregiver to make legal decisions and sign paperwork, such as school forms or medical authorizations. Attorney Poletti can answer your questions and help you obtain guardianship of a minor or an adult as necessary.

Our service area includes the counties of Racine, Walworth, Kenosha, Waukesha and Milwaukee County. We cover all of Southeastern Wisconsin in areas such as Burlington, Waterford, Lyons, Lake Geneva, Salem, Muskego, Union Grove, Paddock Lake, Racine, Kenosha, Elkhorn, East Troy, Twin Lakes, Genoa City, Kansasville, Delavan.